Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Cost of it All

Who pays for the damages when some idiot (there's that word again, its almost as if I think everyone is an idiot)
drives into a traffic light.

Then again it doesn't matter what he drives into, the question still remains the same.

Who pays?

I have mentioned previously what a sterling job Joburg roads is doing with repairing the lights at the top of the street.
usually their turn around time is 3 days. Exceptional by our government departments standards.

Now in the last year I have noticed three occasions where the same traffic light has been completely replaced (On one occasion two lights where destroyed)
All those repairs have to come at a considerable cost, so who pays and why? Surely the driver responsible for the action should pay, why not he pays for the damages to the other car.

Does the City sue the insurance companies or the driver for the damages? Somehow I don't think so. So what is the solution?

I don't know, but I think I will have to start my first bit of investigative journalism, instead of just an opinion piece and find some of the answers to this.

Watch this space for more news.

No comments:

Post a Comment