Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Keep Clear

Dont stop in the Intersection

The crossed yellow lines in the intersections are no stopping zones, first off how many people know that?

Based on the number of (be polite now) drivers that stop in the intersections during peak hour traffic every morning, I would think nobody knows what it means.

So for all you uneducated drivers who think they can (Not that it makes a difference what they think, they will drive anyway.) below is a copy of the specific law applying to this topic.

299. (1) The driver of a vehicle shall not cross a public road unless the road is clear of moving traffic for a sufficient distance to allow him or her to cross the road without obstructing or endangering any such traffic.

This little diatribe is all thanks to the little poppy in the yellow Mazda (Yes sweetie, I mean you) who held me up on my way to work this morning because she couldn't wait on the other side of the intersectionn and would rather park in the middle of the road where everyone can see her.

Seems like I am not the only one with an issue in this regard. I found a facebook site dedicated to these people (Still trying to be polite)

Check it out @ http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2294603617#/group.php?gid=2294603617

These guys are not so polite - The group name says it all for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment